Job interview training - German
Time & Location
About The Event
January and February are peak hiring months. Are you ready?
In this 2-day intensive training, you will learn different ways to express why you are right for the job, gain the confidence you need to rock your job interview and go through a short mock interview with a recruiter.
This is no ordinary job interview training, you will...
- work with a German trainer to enrich your vocabulary, work on your pronunciation and learn phrases and expressions to showcase your skills, strengths and why you are the right one for the job.
- train with a theater director to help you think on your feet.
- relax with a yoga instructor to make sure you know how to calm down and relax during stressful situations.
- practice with a recruiter to undergo a mock interview with feedback.
Saturday 26.09.20 Sunday 27.09.20
9:00 Welcome and warm-up 9:00 Welcome and warm-up
9:30 - 11:00 German training session 1 9:30 - 10:30 Relaxation techniques
11:00 - 11:15 Coffee break 10:30 - 11:00 Coffee break
11:15 - 12:45 German training session 2 11:00 - 13:30 Mock interview
12:45 - 13:45 Lunch break 13:30 - 14:00 Final reflection & closing
13:45 - 15:30 Quick thinking exercises
15:30 - 16:00 Closing for 1st day
* The schedule is subject to change without further notice.
Why do I need all of this?
We believe that preparing for a job interview is so much more than saying "Ich bin motiviert". It can be a highly stressful situation that requires quick-thinking and looooots of confidence. Our job interview training combines different activities that will help you practice your German in different scenarios, adding to your skills during the interview.
- You will begin working with a German trainer to make sure the language you use is spot on. You will work on an answer to "tell me about yourself" and learn different verbs and expressions to showcase your skills and abilities.
- You then participate in different improv and theater exercises to encourage creativity in unknown situations. These games will help you go with the flow of the interview, even if it's a question you didn't prepare for, and they will also add some humor to the process. If you are able to enjoy the interview, you are more likely to come across as someone who knows what they're doing.
- On the second day, we will begin with class that will teach you simple relaxation techniques you can use before, during and even after the interview to calm you down. Don't worry, you don't need special clothes for this or your yoga mat.
- We will end with a mock interview led by a recruiter/HR specialist. You will have 15 minutes to shine bright like a diamond and then get flash feedback. You will also get feedback from the German trainer and your fellow participants.
If you'd like to read more about the benefits of improv for job interviews, read here.
- Minimum German level: B1
- Maximum no. of participants: 8
- Lunch is not included. Non-alcoholic beverages and snacks will be provided throughout the training.
- You will be required to submit your CV before the training so our instructors know you a bit before.
- Your mock interview will be recorded. Four days after the training, you will get the video file for your records and further self-evaluation.
- There are no possibilities for reimbursement, the ticket is however transferable.
- Job interview training- German€459€4590€0